About the Sepulveda Golf Club:
Founded in 1955, we are one of the largest and most active public golf leagues in Los Angeles.
Based out of the Sepulveda Recreational Area in the San Fernando Valley, we host a variety of competitive golf events where players can compete for a variety of prizes including pride.
- Monthly Gross/Net Stroke Play Tournaments. We host two tournaments per month, one weekend event and one weekday event, on courses throughout Southern California. Players compete for low gross/net results as well as side games. Please see our Tournaments page for a list of upcoming events.
- Major Tournaments. We host a number of “major” tournaments throughout the year including our annual Club Championship and Senior Club Championship events. These events are typically designed to test players abilities.
- Match Play Events. We host an annual President’s Cup Match Play event which spans the course of a couple of months.
- Team Play Events. The Sepulveda Golf Club participates in a number of Match Play tournaments against other clubs in Southern California.
There are two membership options available.
- Full Membership. Full Membership allows players to register to compete in all club events including our Monthly Events, Match Play Events, Team Play Events and Major Tournaments (assuming qualifiers have been met). Full membership also allows members to attend our annual Election Day Tournament to vote on Club related elections. Included with Membership is an official USGA/SCGA Handicap as well as membership to the SCGA and qualification to play in SCGA sponsored events.
- Associate Membership. Associate Membership only allows members to participate in events that have been specifically opened to Associates to play. Included with Membership is an official USGA/SCGA Handicap as well as membership to the SCGA.
Join as a Full Member
Join as an Associate
Existing Members – Click Here to Renew
Contact the Membership Chairman
Collected Eagle Newsletters of the Sepulveda Golf Club
Brief History of the Encino and Balboa Golf Courses
The Balboa golf course (course record 62) was opened for play in 1954. The Encino course opened in 1957 (course record 63). A small restaurant and pro shop, which is now the driving range building, were erected at the time. The pro shop, locker rooms and the Encino Glen restaurants, were completed in 1969.
Encino Course Par 72
The Encino course is the longer of the two courses at 6,933 yards from the blue tees. Most of the fairways are wide making it a fun course for big hitters. Mature trees line all fairways, framing each hole, and can pose problems to errant shots. The course is not too difficult to play and is a good course for getting your game into shape without having to deal with serious rough and impossible lies.
Balboa Course Par 72 (previously Par 70)
This course is shorter at 6,619 yards from the blue tees but many feel it is more difficult to play as the fairways are narrower and the trees more dense on many holes. Accuracy is more important than distance on Balboa.
During 2008, two of the par 4s (holes 3 and 12) were extended and made into par 5s. This has increased the number of par 5s from one to three, with corresponding increase of par to 72. The course rating and slope have been officially modified to reflect these changes.
These courses provide a pleasant, and often testing, round of golf. The mature trees, the wide variety of birds, and the isolation from the bustle of metropolitan LA are all factors that add up to very good value for the money.